Intelligent Gateway Mobile Location Based Services
Intelligent Gateway Mobile location based services provide information about the geographic location and enable the system to collect and use or share location (latitude and longitude) information for connecting UEs in support of a variety of location services. Accurate location-based services (LBS), GMLC are the basic need for many public & business operations such as disaster management, emergency services, lawful Interception , fleet management, and various other value-added services to fulfill the market needs.
For many years, Satellite-based GPS (Global Positioning System), assisted GPS (A-GPS), NAVIK, and other systems have been introduced within mobile devices that use cellular services to track devices by their Cell ID (CID). But these methods have limitations in their own way to track devices.
Also, many Communication/Telecom Service Providers are non-compliant to the LCS
requirement for emergency services as mandated by Government Regulators and also have not yet scratched the top of the potential of the location services for commercial activities.
iGMLC Overview: Intelligent Gateway Mobile Location Centre
PertSol iGMLC is a part of PertSol’s complete location-based services, which define the process of mapping the received coordinates (latitude and longitude) in a well-defined universal format, to the geographical area and sending this information back to the requested services.
iGMLC is the first point of contact for an external LCS client in a PLMN. On receiving a location request for a mobile user, iGMLC requests routing information from HLR/HSS. After performing registration authorization, it sends positioning requests to either VMSC, SGSN, MSC or MME and receives the final location estimates from the corresponding entity.
iGMLC’s flexible integration adapters allows it to integrate with other GMLCs to identify the location of roaming subscribers.
iGMLC also has in-built Location Retrieval Function (LRF) which is responsible for retrieval or validation of location information. It also provides routing and/or correlation information of an UE that has initiated an IMS Emergency session. Currently, iGMLC supports location-based services in GSM (2G), UMTS (3G), and LTE interception(4G) networks, with roadmap for 5G network support. It supports 3GPP as well OMA standards for Location based services.
iGMLC: Salient Features
- Interworking with external LCS Clients – iGMLC supports interworking with both commercial and emergency services to provide location of the target. Supports standard mobile location platform (MLP) API for integration with third party LCS clients/applications.
- Interworking with core network elements – iGMLC supports integration with core network elements (like MSC/HLR/VLR/SGSN) of all the major NEPs like Nokia, Ericsson, Alcatel, Huawei, ZTE and others.
- Interworking with Peer GMLC – iGMLC is capable of interoperating with GMLCs of other vendors over Lr interface to obtain the location of out roamers.
- S 7 & DIAMETER Support – iGMLC supports S 7 for 2G/3G deployments and DIAMETER for LTE Deployments.
- Billing Information Collection – iGMLC is capable of collecting and forwarding all the information related to the location attempts by Ues.